Wednesday 2 November 2011

Down to a Tea!

Photo Credit: Linsey Rendell

“It’s nice to think that someone liked it and wore it for some time and you can pick it up and keep it going... I don’t know if that’s being a hoarder or recycling, whether that’s good or bad – I feel good about it.”

Well, here at Seam Magazine, we feel pretty good about it!

Mural painter, designer and all-round fashionista, Lisa Tea is quickly establishing herself as a seriously sort after artist. Recently graduated from Visual Arts at ANU, Lisa has been an avid mural painter and seamstress from the get-go.

Her colourful and beautifully chaotic work can be found around our lovely nation's capital at public spaces in the CBD, bars and various residential venues. Lisa’s detailed and eclectic style is one to admire, and she says her inspiration and materials can be found almost anywhere.

“I’m a giant hoarder and I have a compulsion to use up all this stuff which I somehow constantly acquire,” Lisa says.

“[I think] I need to simplify, I need to really try to understand the less is more concept.”

Read more about Lisa on page 28 of Seam’s The Start-Ups Issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment