Monday 17 October 2011

Meet Me Monday: Blossom

Photo credit: Blossom

If you take a pinch of vintage, add a little beautiful and mix it all together in a handmade headpiece, what do you get? Why Blossom of course!  Say hello to Adrienne Grace, the brains and beauty behind Blossom's creations. These delicate headpieces have been blooming their way around Brisbane and are becoming are 'must wear' at any special occasion.

How did Blossom start?
Blossom started a year and a half ago, after designing a few headpieces for myself.  It was actually a uni assignment which required the marketing and sale of a product at a market day. We decided to design headpieces. My friends started asking me to make the headbands for special events and it grew from there.

What is your greatest Blossom achievement to date? 
I have had so many fantastic opportunities come my way in the last year, but I think my greatest achievement has been my interview on The Great South East.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
My inspiration comes from anything that's unique and quirky. I love roses and vintage.

Where can we find your pieces?
You can find my pieces online at SorellaBella EBoutique, and the From Little Vintage boutique in Bundaberg. I'll also be at the West End Twilight Markets every Saturday starting 12th November.

Where should we be wearing your pieces? 
Anywhere and everywhere! Weddings, races, or tea and scones with girlfriends.

What's next for Blossom
I'm not sure what's next for Blossom... continue doing what I love for as long as I can!

What's your favourite Blossom piece? 
My favourite Blossom piece would definitely have to be my hot pink rose crown and my crochet collar.

A secret vice, that is no longer a secret? 
My secret vice would definitely have to be my obsession with tea sets. Between Royal Doulton, op shop finds and Shelley tea sets I have so many tea cups and tea pots it's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment