Monday 26 September 2011

Meet Me Monday: Liebe Bluhm

Photo Credit: Liebe Bluhm

Today we meet the lovely Megan Cook, the genius behind vintage collection - Liebe Bluhm! As a veteran in the vintage hunting business, Megan spills some of her little secrets about the label and her personal style.

Is there a story behind the name?

I wanted to create a label name that was special to me. My mother’s family background is German. ‘Liebe’ means love in German and ‘Bluhm’ is my mother’s maiden name. Growing up my bedroom was always filled with antique furniture and knick-knacks she had collected and I used to play dress-up with her old dresses, hats, bags shoes and scarves. She is the person who has always encouraged my love of everything vintage and antique. 

Why do you love vintage?

I love that each piece has a history, has been loved by someone and that love is then passed on to the next person to continue and create a new story. I once bought a vintage bag [and] inside was a florist’s note with a message from her husband,

“To Darling Dee, Thanks for 8 wonderful years. Love Bill” 

… it’s a humble reminder about life and peoples existence.

Who is your style icon and why?

I don’t think I have just one style icon. It’s hard to pick just one... I love finding inspiration in strange places and from many different people. Maybe Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, they have been a secret style obsession for many years.

What's the one vintage piece you found that you just couldn't part with?

It’s not a piece of clothing, it’s my vintage dressing table. I bought it about 5 years ago and absolutely love it. I think every girl should have a lovely dressing table.

It’s not very cool, but I really like…

Relaxing with a cup of tea, chocolate and a beautiful magazine. It’s even better if it’s raining outside. Ah heaven.

What’s one thing other people may not know about you?

In my final year of Fashion Design I was on the Kerri-Anne Kennerley Morning Show with six of my classmates. Very hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment